vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester BMW View Post
...what im after is a quick way of flicking between the navi map and CD / radio info on the big screen, keeping the small screen the same...

is it possible for the two buttons on the steering wheel to be set to flick between these two??

hope this makes sence...
The programmable buttons let you choose the next entertainment source only, as well as some other unrelated functions.

The easiest way to do what you want, is to use the idrive 'shortcut'- wherever you are in the idrive menus, just push in the appropriate direction for a couple of seconds & the main screen will change to the last used screen, for that particular used idrive function.

eg say you were last using the cd tracklist menu in 'entertainment', but you are currently in perspective view in 'navigation'- just hold 'south' for a couple of secs, & you'll go straight to the cd tracklist menu- then hold 'east' for a couple of secs, & you'll go straight back to perspective view

It's quick & it works anytime- I hold 'east' after I get in the car to get straight back to my perspective view, which I had on when I was last in the car- it's usually that & 'south' for entertainment.

For most other things, I prefer the voice control- especially with the bluetooth phone dialling & radio frequency changing- saying something like 'Station Century FM' & 'Call Paddywac' is just pure laziness!

Viv

Appreciate 0