View Single Post
      08-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #175
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Many of the "unemployed" have not lost their jobs permanently. They have filed a claim for unemployment compensation, are receiving said compensation, and will be recalled to work by their employer. In the interim, many of these people I am speaking of are receiving healthcare benefits (insurance) from their employers, as if they were working a normal schedule. I know this from first hand experience among people I know.

It was quite uncertain (this is Canadian news) https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/job...d-19-1.5526961 In April they were panicking like everyone else with a high estimate of 85%. It looks like it topped out around 12-13%. It may take a while longer for it to reach the 5% we had in February tho.

With Canada reopening, those numbers are dropping fast. The government money will continue and things will mostly be unaffected. People refusing to pay rents will start to be allowed to be evicted soon but I think it will take longer for the banks to kick out of their homes.

Of course this is assuming things don't spike again in a few weeks (Canada) with school or months with colder weather.
Appreciate 1
chassis6557.00