View Single Post
      11-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
did75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)

EXtended instrument cluster

Hi

I have a question regarding extended instrument cluster (6wa option from other f generation bmws) and new X1.

At least in Europe (I can't find information for us spec cars) the ways to get this (as its not a standalone option anymore) are:
- with professional navigation (or any package including it)
- with 5AS option code (safety package which includes lane departure warning, pedestrian collision detection, road sign detection...)
- with 5AT option code (advanced safety package aka driving assistant plus) which includes 5AS + acc+ and traffic jam assist

It is clearly stated in the (french) ordering guide that extended cluster comes with 5as (same as for active tourer here). I guess this is regardless of the navigation version being business or professional.

I ordered business nav and 5at but can't find any review so far that confirms this through pictures. Seems like spare parts on realoem seems to confirm my assumption (listing same part for cluster for cars having either pro nav or those options).

Does anyone know about this detail ? It's not a deal breaker but having the extended display on my f20 I really like it and would be happy to keep it once the new car finally arrives :-)

Thanks

Ps : side topic but it seems French spec cars all have 5av "active guard" option that seems to be low speed AEB.
Appreciate 0