View Single Post
      03-09-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
nickrice20
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive

X1 Forgetting Profile Settings?

So I have had my share of issues with my X1 US Spec. One which has been happening since we took delivery of the vehicle. It is so sporadic that it is really difficult to duplicate. It has happened about 15 times in 3000 km worth of driving so far. But it is honestly driving me mad. Hopefully someone has a suggestion on how to solve it.

My wife and I have our profile setting saved to our respective key fob. Every once in a while when I get in the vehicle after the wife has driven the car, my seat and exterior mirror setting no longer adjust to my profile with my key fob. All other settings with respect to the HUD, lighting, temps, etc return perfectly to my profile. But not the seats or mirrors.

Also randomly both side mirrors will be pointed almost directly at the ground when I get in the car.

My wife has never had the same issues with her profile and key fob

It would be less annoying if the height differential between my wife and I were closer. But I am close to 6 foot and she is 5'2". I thought it was just the key at first. But why would my other settings return to my profile? I haven't taken the car to the dealer about this issue.

Hopefully it is just a software update. Any suggestions or ideas from the crowd before a dealership visit?

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited by nickrice20; 03-30-2016 at 02:11 AM..
Appreciate 0