Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
'Massa could walk out of hospital within 10 days'

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...457408,00.html

Quote:
Felipe Massa could walk out of hospital within the next 10 days and on his own steam, according to his doctors.

Massa is recovering from his horrific accident in Saturday's Hungarian GP, which resulted in him being rushed to hospital for emergency surgery.

And although the condition of his left eye, which was damaged in the accident, remains a concern, doctors revealed that the Ferrari driver is making a steady recovery.

"My expectation is that he would walk out of the hospital on his own," Peter Bazso, the medical director of the AEK hospital, told public television M1 on Tuesday.

"If his recovery continues at this pace, I wouldn't rule out that he could leave within 10 days.

"He's spending more and more time awake, talking to family and friends."

Massa fractured his skull and suffered a brain concussion when he was hit just above his left eye by a bouncing spring, weighing almost a kilo.

The severity of his injuries led Bazso to add: "I would like to point out that although he's recovering, this is not the end of the story, he is still in a life-threatening condition.

"Of course, the danger is decreasing by the day."