View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 05:25 PM   #1786
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023G87M2 View Post
I live near the canyons. The nearest track is around 100 miles away.

I still go to the track. Most canyon roads I don’t full send like I used to in my late teens early 20s because there’s just too much risk of another car or biker. However, there is 1 or 2 CLOSED roads with no construction or rocks or houses that I sneak through occasionally to basically have my own “track” with no one around. But i can’t go more than 70-80% even on a closed road.

I wish the USA had track access like Europe. The Nurburgring functions more like a toll road than “track days” in the us which have a $150-300 entry fee and stricter rules 😭

Also. I get what you're saying. But I doubt a miata could defeat an M canyon warrior even on a track. The truth is, the acceleration in a f80/g80 will leave the miata far behind. So yes in the end they win by sheer power and straight lines and prove they're slow in the corners whwre it matters, but for people like this a win is a win 👍🏻
Just depends on who is driving. I received plenty of point-bys from much faster cars because the driver was slow.

But the "gap" thing is really more related to "roll racing" on the highway. Where guys build super high HP cars and race from 40-130+.
Appreciate 0