06-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
Gordon C.
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostro View Post
Hi,

My car is at the dealership for about 3 weeks now. The issue is that during the turning, either when car is parked or in the move, you can hear Ticking. The noise is in both cases, when turning left or right. The challenge in most cases you will hear it, but sometime is will be so quite that its very difficult and it happens ones that even my wife opened eyes and asked me what was that?
The noise is similar to one which we would hear from moving flap on a gear, klick, klick klick. Faster Im turning steering, ticking frequency goes up.
ALso depends on the weather is can be also different, and in cases when Im driving for a longer time, when parking I may not hear anything. When Im driving above 30 miles I have never heard this ticking. Only in slow speeds or when stopped.

Dealer assumes that this comes from some stress/tension between some parts. As for today they are replacing a lot of the parts, but without success. Even the struts have been replaced to new. Presently Im in the mode that Im getting a lot of new parts installed, but from other side I just want back my car.

BTW: I was given replacement cars, and Im testing cars from 3 series, X3, up to the latest BMW toy, X5 eDrive. So for sure I'm not left without car.

Did anyone from you had similar issue? Any recommendations would be grateful.

thanks and best regards!

Hi. I just found this forum, and maybe your car is already repaired. But, if not, were the CV joints checked? And are the current CV joints after market or reconditioned?
Appreciate 0