Extruding Elements
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
The main problem remains, when you are going to upgrade your PC, all new hardware components i.e. mainboards are no longer downwards compatible with W7 and would refuse the installation of the drivers.
I can say from experience that I have updated around 45 (local) Win7 (32 and 64) to Win10 (and 20 remote users) and the only major "issue" I had was on one specific Lenovo laptop model, the wifi from time to time at boot is disabled. In sticking with with Win7...sure you can, but know that Win7 once end of life would/has become the OS to target. So why risk your data/functionality of your device. Lucky for about 10 "critical" users, I just straight gave them new devices rather than risk any possible issues. There was 1 device, my laptop, that I kept getting errors while trying to update...my laptop. But I put that OS/HD thru hell for many years doing different things. Ended up buying a new SSD, installing my Win7 license, all drivers, and then attempting again with success. That laptop is now my primary "workstation" w/3 monitors attached and I purchase a new HP laptop for myself.
Appreciate 0