Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
      02-29-2020, 01:14 AM   #48
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

If your current laptop functions fine, why upgraded? Sure it's end of life but a lot of corporations are still using Windows 7. These corporations do things like handle your money or create new drugs that save you from cancer. So I think you're OK running your current system as long as you're happy with the performance and features. Maybe load some good antivirus because you're not gonna be able to patch the system but… Chances are you'll be OK unless you connect to public Wi-Fi at the Starbucks

That being said some people talk trash about windows 10 which is the best desktop operating system Microsoft has ever made. It works great. But you need some decent hardware. Your current computer might be OK since it has a solid-state drive but then again why go through an upgrade unless you have some good horsepower. I would recommend one of those new surface laptops. They are pretty cool but really expensive. Which leads me to my next line, like others have suggested the macs are pretty cool. I personally love MacBook airs.

As for software things have changed. Now you get an office 365 subscription that you pay for monthly that allow you a great deal of flexibility. Plus you get like a terabyte of storage up in the cloud. Not a bad deal.
Appreciate 0