10-16-2019, 08:47 PM   #78
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Leonard View Post
Glad to find out I'm not the only one experiencing this!!!

I drive almost exclusively in comfort mode and stopping 'smoothly' is next to impossible. 9 times out of 10, there is a final jerk when coming to a complete stop. And I am concentrating real hard to feather the brake pedal. Same thing in Ecopro mode. Jerky stops.
I have a question and answer carefully do it doesn't screw up my new theory

Does the car seem to lurch forward or sort of hiccup backward when this jerk happens?

If it's a forward jerk, my new theory is that it's the battery charge regeneration holding on too long. The torque converter is locked in this mode, and of course it has to unlock before the car fully stops. If that happens late, the idling engine will briefly be pushing the car forward.

If it's backward hiccup, it could still be the same cause but maybe harder to explain.

One way to test this might be to fully charge the battery, then immediately take the test drive. In theory, regeneration would either not happen, or make a tiny effect.

This theory does not, however, account for the lag in taking off, as has also been reported. But who knows, maybe it is!
Appreciate 0