View Single Post
      07-24-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08njSTEP View Post
I was a die hard fan......the Dale died and it wasn't the same. Then it became a soap opera(WWE style) and lost more interest. Then all the cars were exactly the same just different sticker packages and everything that was exciting was gone. Haven't watched a race in maybe 8 years.
The death of Earnhardt did change things. He had a huge following. I was a Gordon fan but I had a lot of respect for Earnhardt winning record. I just watched the video of the crash again and it sure looks to me like Sterling Martin got a bad rap on that one. Nevertheless, a legend is gone.

Getting back to today. While the sport has changed and Brian France and company have fukked up NASCAR as much as they can, there are still some great drivers out there. Kyle Busch is one of them. He races to win in trucks, xfinity, and sprint. He has 37 Sprint victories and has been in the Top 10 in over 50% of the races. He's only 31. After watching him dominate today I'll give NASCAR another look. DVR makes it easier. Fast forward and look for the smoke!
Appreciate 0