Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
This is just my view as I recently considered X5 or X3.

Had a new X3 3.0d for 4 days while my F31 was in for some stuff and while it was good it just felt like a halfway house, bit like a bigger F31 on stilts. The 3.0d was OK but 4.0i or d would have been much better, was a bit small for me if looking as I was for something with space.

Then had a F15 X5 for a day, much bigger car & felt like a real 4x4 for size but the 3.0d was a bit sluggish. F15 felt far nicer than the X3 IMO, smoother, quieter and a lot more space, especially seats down, ability to get in laws wheelchair in the back and still have some space without dropping seats.

Looked at the new X5 and just far too big and £££ for me.

My thought was that if I were to have the choice I would opt for a good F15 either 4.0d or M50, if you're having a 4x4 then get a proper size one.

In saying all that some time ago I sold a 350bhp Impreza and bought a Porsche Cayenne as I wanted a 4x4 with some umph and ability to chuck it round, got quickly bored with that after 2 months, felt the need to be sitting in a car not on it if you get the drift, along with other things, but it would have been good to have both. seems you have and seems a good idea.
'Smoother and quieter' those are key words.
Appreciate 0