View Single Post
      08-14-2007, 05:52 PM   #21
533ogetnom
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by White05X3 View Post
Seriously...get over yourself. First, I did not say motorcycle helmets are designed to take ONLY one impact. Re-read my original post. Then look at the specs again...ALL helmets are expected to take the first hit well. The standard for the second hit is lower. Car helmets are intended to take more impacts (as shown by the additional 3 hits on the rollbar test). I did not know until researching this that car helmets also have additional fire requirements.

All of that suggests that people buying a helmet for use in a car should get a car helmet.
they are exactly the same with the exception of being tested against a rollbar (which most m200 helmets would surely pass) they do NOT test all three sets of impacts on the same helmet

the standard is NOT lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by White05X3 View Post
Motorcycle and car helmets are different...The former are designed to take one impact really well, the latter are meant to take a number of impacts (think head bouncing around inside a car vs hitting the pavement).
its clearly wrong, they have the same impact testing, its just as good for car use as the SA rated ones end of story
Appreciate 0