01-21-2021, 12:20 AM   #79
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
To your point - which was more/less a restatement of mine -
I didn’t capture that at all from your post, but I’m sure we don’t need to get into a tangential debate about language or communication style.

Quote:
As for regulators, uh what?

First, regulators aren't analysts or journalists - more what we discuss here, right? (this isn't a government accounting regulations forum, right??)
Again, not really on topic but, sure. I stand by what I say though - the numbers we get suffice to satisfy my needs and curiosities. Whether every last one of those are strictly required by law isn’t something I’m going to spend time ruminating over.

Quote:
Second, and more importantly,[I] the regulators (SEC) fined BMW...
Yep, yep. Well aware of that. I posted in the thread that was started in this forum on that topic, and I’m sure you did too. The fine was something of a joke, but at any rate they were called out. So, we either have good data now, or they’re going to get nailed again. Stronger disincentive for repeat offenders? We shall see if it comes to that.

Quote:
that doesn't change the point though: BMW won't be sharing BMW G8x sales numbers, and one of the reasons is because they'll likely suck;
That doesn’t strike me as a sound conclusion at all. We’ve got no numbers from BMW for any M model, and they certainly don’t all suck. And yes, that includes the F8x M3/M4. So this isn’t some new angle to try to hide data that they formerly freely handed out.

I hope all of you guys are shorting this because you seem so strongly convinced the company is headed for disaster. Or maybe you always get this serious about monopoly money? I don’t know, but I’m not holding my breath for folks to man up and admit they were wrong, if that’s not how it plays out. On the other hand, if sales in 2021 do tank, well then my analysis of what’s driving buyers in today’s premium market was wrong. And I’ll have no problem admitting as much if that’s what this year brings. Until then.
Appreciate 1