View Single Post
      03-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #8
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Are you looking at dash temp gauge (lower right)? If so is that oil temp or coolant temp?

Mine is typically just below half. Today I was driving about 30 miles and about 2/3 into trip the cooling fan starting running full speed and the temp gauge dropped to a bit over 170F. Car drove normally the entire time.

This seems like a software issue. Supposedly 3/13 production brings another software update from BMW for the F30. I'm gonna ask my shop foreman to check my VIN and see if there's an update.

I can't imagine we have all these cooling fan issues. Its likely more of a software lockup/race condition that causes it to get wonky and tell the cooling fan to run 100%.

BTW, after I turned off car and re-started the fan ran normally and car warmed up OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30fanboy View Post
Mine is a 2013 328i and the temp gauge needle hoovers around 1/4 point, around 150-170 degrees.
170F is very low for oil temperature. Not even up to the sort of temperatures the ECT will be.

My N55 in the 535i runs at 105 - 110C, (220 - 230F). Pretty constant once up to temperature, and running moderately. Stays the same in ambient temperatures sub zero to 17C, my experience so far.

Don't understand that at all, something is not right. Wonder what your ECT figures are? Worth looking via the hidden menu.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0