11-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumbringer View Post
Apparently these chains have super-low clearance requirements. Will see if they fit (by driving VERY slowly with them on) and post an update.

Has nobody else tried buying an emergency traction device for ZSP E90/92s? (Or does everyone else in the area want to take their car up where it snows regularly? Or am I being naive expecting to survive with summer tires? Or is it just plain obvious that I shouldn't be worried?)

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!
-S
There is no way in h-ell I would put chains or anything else similar to that on my car......especially with the 2 days of snow we get in here....

Having said that few people I know got stuck up that hill trying to go up to Issaquah last year due to ice & etc. If you are planning on driving your car year around, I would get 17" 157's and throw some all weather tires on them. Things tend to get really messy for you guys based on where you live. The last thing you need is to slide into someone with your new car.

My friend drove in snow all the way up to Whistler with his ZSP E92 335 last year and did just fine..... The big question is do you know how to drive in snow or are you like all the others we have in the NW.

Good luck either way and welcome to the forum.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0