01-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymitch1326 View Post
Took delivery of my X1 Glacier Silver xLine 20d 2 weeks ago and problems encountered are:

1.Bonnet not closing properly. Driver side proud by good few mm`s.
Ignore manual to drop from 16 inches. Shown by salesman how to slam it! That worked! I place hands on top of bonnet above locating lugs and ply more force than you might think.
2. Boot closing by waving foot under. Not reliable. Best success by swiping right to left close to underside starting swing from below right exhaust. Surely BMW can do better. Comfort Access Option inc this was £350! Waste of money!
Also when having car washed boot opened! Suggest lock and leave key out of range!
3 Automatic light position very temperamental. In foggy conditions did not switch on dipped lights. had to switch manually.
4 Subjective matter...leather seats very hard!! Have ordered a cushion see how that helps. Oh for my cloth VW seats!
5 Problem with smear/deposit being left on windscreen by the passenger wiper[smaller of the 2] directly in view of driver. Tried washing wiper/windscreen. Had discussion with salesman who was saying normal....agreed to replace wiper. Seems to have worked!!!
Wow. Sounds like you got a car built on a Friday afternoon. Folks just wanted to get to the beer gardens. I have had my X1 for 2 months now and all is working fine. No problem with the hatch opening or closing with my foot action dn has never opened when I was not behind the car. I have had problems with it closing when I was placing something inside the trunk and reaching far into it. Must be due to leaning forward and lifting foot to get further in so when my foot comes back down on the ground it will sometimes start to beep to alert me that the hatch os closing.
Lights always work fine going through tunnels and pulling into the garage. Go on as expected and close 2 minutes later when exiting dark areas.
Wiper...well you got a dud. It happens.
My leather seats are also a bit taunt. Must be the design. Sport seats after all. A cushion is a good idea.
I also had to slam the hood to close it and am afraid to damage it since it is made of aluminium. Good thing I don't open it very often. Good tip for closing it properly. Thanks.
Let's hope that your problems are worked out and that you can finally start to enjoy the fabulous car you just purchased! I am past the break in period and had the opportunity to play with it on the highway with both the sport and manual shift options and boy does this thing move. I am thrilled. Although in all honesty I come from a 1.8 litre 122hp engine so that not hard to beat
Welcome to the group and will see you around.
Cheers
Appreciate 0