View Single Post
      01-29-2016, 08:06 AM   #1
raymitch1326
Private
Rep
Drives: sDrive2.0iSport LCI ordered

Unhappy Teething Problems

Took delivery of my X1 Glacier Silver xLine 20d 2 weeks ago and problems encountered are:

1.Bonnet not closing properly. Driver side proud by good few mm`s.
Ignore manual to drop from 16 inches. Shown by salesman how to slam it! That worked! I place hands on top of bonnet above locating lugs and ply more force than you might think.
2. Boot closing by waving foot under. Not reliable. Best success by swiping right to left close to underside starting swing from below right exhaust. Surely BMW can do better. Comfort Access Option inc this was £350! Waste of money!
Also when having car washed boot opened! Suggest lock and leave key out of range!
3 Automatic light position very temperamental. In foggy conditions did not switch on dipped lights. had to switch manually.

4 Subjective matter...leather seats very hard!! Have ordered a cushion see how that helps. Oh for my cloth VW seats!
5 Problem with smear/deposit being left on windscreen by the passenger wiper[smaller of the 2] directly in view of driver. Tried washing wiper/windscreen. Had discussion with salesman who was saying normal....agreed to replace wiper. Seems to have worked!!!
UPDATE
AS an update to wiper problem. It was almost certainly due to lumps of glue/fibre either side of the rubber blade [made in Serbia?] which was creating smearing. See photo.New blade which also had this glue but was not so big.
Attached Images

Last edited by raymitch1326; 02-19-2016 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0