View Single Post
      05-08-2021, 02:17 PM   #204
viperdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7/‘21 45e/‘23 45e

I don't really care what anyone else does to their cars. If you like it, then do it. I certainly wouldn't waste time getting angry or somehow personally hurt by a piece of plastic on someone else's car, on a forum of all places. And I think many people have it wrong...those that put ///M badges on the trunk of an M sport probably aren't trying to fool anyone. They probably don't care at all who is looking at their car. I change the look of my car because it is how I like it to look. When I blacked out the chrome and silver on my X5 Xline I wasn't trying to "fool" anyone into thinking I had an M sport appearance package. I just happened to hate the look of chrome. End of story.

And the use of ///M and AMG are all money making schemes anyway. Slapping an "M" on the 50i one year after it was just an Xdrive 50i was ONLY to make more money with minimal effort in making it an M-lite car. And you know what...It worked like a charm. Lots of people with an M50i bashing M sport 40i owners.

MB did the same with the 2016 GLE400. It had a twin turbo 6 that made lots of HP and torque, and was an upgrade from the GLE350. One year later that same car became the 2017 GLE 43 AMG. Same. Exact. Car. $10000 increase in price tag

Last edited by viperdoc; 05-08-2021 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00