05-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #28
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco II View Post
Somewhat answering my own question, it appears BMW gutted this feature in the new app. No Activity section or anyway to see upcoming calendar events to easily send to the car for navigation. So strange, especially since the app asks for permission to access the phones calendar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco II View Post
So in the connected app, under Destinations, I can see my upcoming calendar events and easily send them to my X1 for navigation. Where do I find my calendar items in the My BMW app?
You can still send destinations to your bmw. It doesn't look as apparent as the one in the connected app. You go to map, find your destination and once found, the app asks if you want to send it to your bmw.

I agree I liked the calendar app in the connected drive, although it wasn't always a necessity. What I ended up Liking was that I had a destination time for my events automatically. But this was minor compared to destinations being sent to the car. That feature still works. It seems identical to my new family hauling Chrysler van, where you find the location and then hit the send button and with a minute or so it pops up on the screen and you hit go. I found this out on the new bmw app recently but have not tried the effectiveness in practice. Will probably test this week.
Appreciate 0