02-26-2020, 04:12 PM   #696
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Murf,
I appreciate the honesty that lead to the above answer.
My formative years were in the '60s & '70s. I had long hair. The cops were not nice to us then. Fast forward to my life in Brklyn. I have had two contacts with the police in NYC; both were bad, the cops being lazy at best. One contact I alluded to saying that with my name they can always find an outstanding warrant. Hell, they can check age, address, & other trivialities at the station, right?
"That's life, my friend", is only advice for someone who has stopped fighting the good fight.

Murf
So I grew up in the 70's as well, long hair fast cars....almost as fast as my mouth. Many of my friends ended up on the other side of the law. I came to know the cops and was lucky that I didn't end up in the shit, (nothing serious anyway), I had distain for the cops. Fast forward many many years and what I know now and understand. My friend, are there lazy cops....sure, but what might look lazy to you might just be a response based on experience. When I started my career I worked for a Regional Police Force, (kind of like a sheriffs office), then I moved to the big city. All the quys I worked with told me how lazy the city cops were.....they were so wrong, we worked non-stop regardless of the day of the week or the time of day....and I loved it. The public has precious little understanding of what the job is, what it entails and what happens behind the scenes. I ended up working in the neighbourhood I grew up in for 5 years, arrested guys from my grade 3 class. It was a bit bizarre at times.

I try to look at the world through other peoples eyes all the time, when I'm dealing with people I always put myself in their shoes and try to understand how they are looking at our interaction.....you might want to try that when you look at what the cops do and maybe why they do things the way they do.

Peace,

Murf
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50