01-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #16
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by joopiter View Post
It's a year since the last post on this one but maybe someone can help me update my roof bars. I had a 2019 3 series touring for which I had and still have the Thule square roof bars with the 4 feet clamps and locks. I've just changed the car for an F48 X1 and want to get the roof bars in use hopefully without buying all new. So can I still use the square bars and just update the feet clamps. Clive L posted a helpful list of Thule parts needed. Can I remove my old feet clamps from the bars and just buy replacement ones? If I can do that do I need the Thule 753 and the 4023? I've looked at the Thule website but can't figure whether or not I need both, or just one. Any help gratefully received. Thanks
That's a blast from the past Do you know what length of roof bar you currently have, and the part numbers of the feet and clamp fittings you have at the moment? You say 2019 3 Series Touring...? Did you mean 2009, or something else?

The Thule feet are two separate parts for the X1; the foot itself (753) slides into the slot in the roof bar at the top, and the clamp (4023) then attaches to the bottom of the foot. I don't have a lot of experience with the Thule gear; only what I looked into before buying the bits for my X1. But according to the Thule site the 753 foot, and the 4023 clamp kit is also for any 3 Series Touring from 2012 onward. The difference is they say that the roof bar for the 3 Series Touring is the 761 (120cm long) and the X1 requires the 769 (127cm). So that could be a problem. Can you clarify your 3 Series car year and perhaps measure the length of your current square bars?
Appreciate 0