01-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #12
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubjj View Post
So the Thule ones work? I'm looking to do a roof mounted bike rack, 2 bikes. Any suggestions for part numbers that are compatible would be greatly appreciated. I thought BMW would have their own out by now.
I fitted Thule roof bars to my X1 a while ago and posted about it here

I've just finished installing a pair of Thule square roof bars to clamp our old roofbox onto for a short break away. The U-clamps were only about 42mm across, so the Thule Wingbar was too wide and it had to be the square bars...

In case anyone needs any part details, they are as follows:
  • Thule 769 square load bars - 127cm long (a pair of them in the pack), these did not come with any end caps when purchased new from Amazon (£34.99)
  • Thule Kit 4023 clamps for the X1 flush roof rails (4 of them in a pack) - these also fit older X3, X5 and some 3 Series and 5 Series estates. I bought them second-hand on eBay (£28)
  • Thule 753 low-profile foot kit (4 of them in a pack) - these are lockable and included the square bar end caps when purchased new on eBay (£52)

I've also got two Thule 591 bike carriers which I got second-hand on eBay for £30 each.

They are not the most attractive or aerodynamic accessory, so they will be coming off after the holiday...
Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0