View Single Post
      08-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #7
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Thule square roof bars

After getting the new X1 a few weeks ago, I bought a pair of Thule square roof bars to clamp our old roofbox onto for a week away in Wales. The roofbox U-clamps were only about 42mm across, so the Thule Wingbar was too wide and it had to be the square bars...

In case anyone needs any part details, they are as follows:
  • Thule 769 square load bars - 127cm long (a pair of them in the pack), these did not come with any end caps when purchased new from Amazon (£34.99)
  • Thule Kit 4023 clamps for the X1 flush roof rails (4 of them in a pack) - these also fit older X3, X5 and some 3 Series and 5 Series estates. I bought them second-hand on eBay (£28)
  • Thule 753 low-profile foot kit (4 of them in a pack) - these are lockable and included the square bar end caps when purchased new on eBay (£52)

Here a some pictures of the bars and the roofbox in situ. I can't really comment on the noise of the bars on their own as I only drove with the roof box on. It all seemed fairly solid, the clamps have a rubber pad that grips onto the rails. I took the whole lot off when we returned as they aren't the most attractive accessory
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Leaving14.50