10-04-2020, 01:58 AM   #18
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnguyen View Post
When I bought my X2, the dealer didn't offer the extended warranty, I had to ask for it because I usually keep my car between six to eight years.

They didn't recommend the extended maintenance tho. They said that extended maintenance plan would cost the same as if I pay it as I go.

About the extended warranty, I paid $2,900 CAD for the 7yr/100,000km plan. I don't drive much, about 10k km per year max.

I knew back then that if I take the plan later, it will cost more.
I just check the plan on bmw.ca website, the same plan I got is now $3,910 CAD
that's pretty damn good deal for 7yr/100km which is around 62-63k miles as that price that you paid would cost less in the states and of course the minimum i'd be looking at is 7yr/75k which was quoted as being a whole lot more than what you were charged even with the distance discrepancy.

with the advice given above, though, i really need to get to know the ins and outs of this car first and then decide whether longterm ownership makes sense. i know waiting until the last minute is never a great idea, but also rushing to buy, after reading the advice here, is also not a great idea as i'm very new to the car and the car is very new to me. i'll likely reevaluate after a year or so of ownership.