View Single Post
      03-17-2017, 10:30 AM   #21
metallicpea
Major
Rep
Drives: 320i ZSP & E46 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
After the first couple of curbed wheels I got used to it and now accept it as a recurring fact of life. And she accepts that I devote more time and money to cars than most people.

Moreover, I'm thrilled she really enjoys driving the 340ix and watch and listen every morning as she pulls away in it.

I like Uber_Commuter's idea and will plan to take her to a car handling course or friendly track event. Almost forgot how much she enjoyed a BMW Drive for a Cause event we went to last year. She had a lot more balls hitting the throttle of that 650i.

Divorce is not an option. Finding someone who could drive stick was hard enough the first time around.
I taught my wife to drive stick the year we were married. She has always been a really good driver. I don't think she has ever curbed a wheel on my car, but I have.... and I hate myself for it
And she drives real 4x4 SUVs, so curbing those is near impossible.

I encourage her to drive my M3 constantly, but she was so intimidated by the turbos on the 135i that she has been very reluctant. I try to assure her this car is more like the Mustang GT she learned on but, almost 3 years now and she hasn't driven it once. I will work a little harder this season.
2016 F30 320i ZSP
2003 E46 325it ZSP 5MT
Appreciate 0