View Single Post
      08-23-2023, 10:35 PM   #15
Glashutte
Rep
Drives: 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Hey, appreciate your response, and glad there is others out here with the same turbo. I have to disagree that the tuner’s inability to find a solution for the rough tune would not cause harm to the car, as the turbo stutters consistently anywhere from 5000rpm to redline, causing the car to jerk back and forth when WOT.. Adding to that, taking on too many customers is not an excuse to neglect to work on them or to admit to the public that these issues are indeed very real, and if he’s really working on as many cars as he is saying, then he’d have ample experience on the issues and how to fix them.. Of which he has failed to do either, and instead me and many others wasted our money on what is thought to be a smooth experience.

The turbo exhaust manifold problem was not sent out by mistake, it is simply a miscalculation in manufacturing as the B46/B48TU have a timing chain component that blocks the manifold from fitting correctly, which is absent in Gen1 B46/48’s. Which is why us “test” cars were needed, to see what problems should occur while installing one of these on a B46/48TU.

I would be fine with it if knowing about it ahead of time, but all I was told was “install would be a breeze” and “it can be done by yourself on the driveway” or “everything will fit properly, it’s literally a plug and play”

There’s just many problems that being promised “Everything will be smooth” is just such a huge scam and a lie. If I could know from the start and prepare myself for this, it would’ve been fine to be completely honest.
So it sounds like the intended design was for this to be an easy install, but the manufacturer was honest about the fact that this was an early production run where manufacturing defects or design flaws can happen.

Not trying to say that no one else has ran into issues, but mine was purchased a few months ago and it seems like many of those issues were ironed out in later iterations. I do agree that for current production batches it is still not a 100% smooth operation at all. However, it isn't beyond the reach of a DIY job and the issues were fairly minor. Renting a shop + mechanic and bringing a savvy friend does make it much less intimidating though (which is what I did)

Generally I tend to treat tuning as a hit or miss thing. For some reason every tuner has duds and they just take forever to make some cars work while someone else does it in a few revisions. Every car is different . Personally I've had some not so great experiences with Cary Jordan but a lot of other guys have perfect tunes. It happens even with the biggest names and Navardi is no exception. At the end of the day, there's no issue with seeking out another tuner if things dont seem to work. That being said, I am still skeptical that a datalog could harm your engine, even if its causing inconsistent boost.

Last edited by Glashutte; 08-24-2023 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 0