Sphinx144
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx144 View Post
I saw the guys at the tire repair shop use a kit like this to put a plug in a tire without even taking it off!
My concern is when the pucture is not easily visible and accesible and you don't have the jack to take off the wheel to find it.
Buy a can of foaming windscreen/windshield cleaner (like mixra ), if you spray on tyre/tire it then forms bubbles where leak is, so visible even in poor light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx144 View Post
I saw the guys at the tire repair shop use a kit like this to put a plug in a tire without even taking it off!
My concern is when the pucture is not easily visible and accesible and you don't have the jack to take off the wheel to find it.
Buy a can of foaming windscreen/windshield cleaner (like mixra ), if you spray on tyre/tire it then forms bubbles where leak is, so visible even in poor light.
I'll put one in with the kit when I get it. I'm replacing the rfts for some off road tires so the kit is a requirement in case I get a flat.
I don't want to put a spare inside the car and take all the space under the floor storage area, the kits sounds like a better option for me.
Appreciate 0