View Single Post
      09-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #10
Rx7cat
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mac View Post
Congrats on the win Beth. I'll be keeping a close eye on development. My 135i is not here yet so I won't get any events in this year.

At this point it looks like a 32mm bar may be helpful as well as some pressurized dampers for added spring rate.

Did you and the Dr. consider a reverse stagger or is it too hard to get the power down on skinnier tires? 285's front 245's rear?

Dave Mac
2008 DC Pro STU winner
Hi Dave:smile:

We put the 32mm Hotchkiss bar on the right before the Wendover Pro, it is much better than the 27mm bar we had on it previously.
Erik is considering trying out an even bigger bar.
We're going to have the off the shelf Koni doubles dynoed just to take a look at them, but we're thinking about going with a monotube shock.
Your idea of a reverse stagger is also something we have been talking about trying now that we're in "testing" season:smile:
I would also like to try out road race compound on the back of the car, it's all about increasing front grip and decreasing rear grip.
Starting at the Packwood Pro we've been runnng older tires on the rear, (used the Wendover tires there, and at Nats ran the Pro Solo tires on the back for the Solo2 portion). So far that seems to be helping.

To Spec Volcano, no I don't mind sharing, just keep in mind this is what we have now. I would give the car an overall rating of 8 out of 10, it's fairly good, but it's just not quite right. In another few months we should have better data.

At the moment we are running on 275 Hoosiers on all four corners, (this requires a 2mm spacer up front, and there is a slight rubbing issue there) Pressures starting at 45psi up front, 50psi rear.
Hoosier is coming out with a new 265 size that may be the ticket, we'll see.
Off the shelf Koni doubles from TC Kline, in dry weather the rear is maxed out stiff, both compression and rebound. On the front rebound full soft, compression 4-6 clicks stiffer than full soft.
Hotchkiss 32mm bar.
Alignment, max neg camber in front, (pins removed), nets us about -.7 deg. Rear -1 degree, 3/16 total toe out all around. I hate the lack of front camber, we've got -3 degrees on the front of the Rx7:-)
We're going to play with the toe, shocks, and tires sizes/compounds in the next few months.
One other thing, I was not sure how the car would do in the wet, (it was raining buckets at the Pro finale), in standing water I was impressed, the car throttle steers very nicely. As the course dried, (w/ Topeka sand), the understeer became a major factor. Still placed 2nd by a little over a tenth to an AWD car.
05 AMG SLK 350
87 Honda CRX Si..prepared class project
Appreciate 0