Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcruzeiro View Post
About HUD.
Yes, it is necessary to change the windshield but in my case I will solve 2 problems because it will also be possible to add Kafas. Both are on the way =D
And this feature was never offered in the Brazilian market for the F48, so it will be a unique project.

About the trim, from what I researched it is possible to cut and install the HUD. There are some markings of where to be cut inside.

Confort Access, I have my doubts if it is necessary to change the key or if it just needs to be reprogrammed. But I agree with you, it's something I can live without.

Certainly, while I'm doing the retrofits I will post here and also looking for tips.

You made me thinking; Comfort acces can be retrofitted without too much cost, just lots of time from what I understand. Because the wires run all over the car but otherwise doable.

It's just adding the antennas/aerials + change door handles and run wires to the BDC.

If you are lucky you already have the correct wiring loom in the door and you only need to source/replace the handles and run wires from the door connector to the BDC.

Smart trunk opener is a little bit more work but not too bad either. Going to do a pin check on BDC & door wires soon.
Appreciate 1