06-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
granadablanca
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, AP1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
So, I suspect by now many of you have been to your dealer's driving event and checked out the new F10. I certainly did. So what did you think relative to your current BMW?

I found that I liked the F10 but then I still find driving my E92 more appealing than driving the F10. That may be because the F10 was an automatic and had noticeable lag when I pushed the accelerator. I also noticed somewhat less road feel in the F10. Don't mistake me, though; I do like the F10 and certainly, its more "mature" comportment has its place. It seems a lovely car to take on long road trips and it'd be most pleasant to drive to the theater or the beach. I'll keep my E92 to go to the mountains or to the clubs, however.

I took my father, who's 93, with me. He cannot (anymore) drive a manual transmission, but selected one of the dealers automatic E92s to compare with the F10. He too liked the E92 better. His comment: I have more feeling of the road and what the car's doing. He said if he were to choose between the two, he'd choose the 3er.
F10 550i

I had one for a few days recently, and wow. Just wow.
Appreciate 0