jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Those are impressive gains!

Appreciate that you also share that much info, both STD and SAE corrections and a stock run as a baseline

Interesting that we see 20+PSI on a stock engine... Seems the DME is capable of exceeding the max stated boost pressure, at least during a dyno run at high temps. Would love to see some "real world" datalogging of a stock car, to see what boost pressures it runs max on the track/road.
The logs you see here are the same pressures you would see in daily/road driving in those respective maps.

Map 1 can vary anywhere from .1 to 26lbs of boost. In general, it hangs around +4psi above stock.

Map 7 targets 25psi.

Terry has run up to 28lbs on his personal car during testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
how much of that power is because of the higher rated fuel. I personally have never cared about how much power someone can make with race fuel. Because its not a something i would ever be tuned for in my car.
You can look at other dynos and see. Tom's car is running the eq. of 97 octane in his Map 1 and Map 7 runs whereas mine was around 93 Octane. He made ~17 more whp and ~35 more wtq compared to mine on Map 1 and ~30 more whp and ~45 more wtq on Map 7. The Map 7's aggressiveness is evident with the introduction of higher octanes. There is still more room on the table, too.

The glory of the JB4 is that it doesn't matter if you're running crappy california 91 or MS109. The car will still adjust and perform. These numbers are great because they show what is possible with running something better.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0