View Single Post
      06-22-2014, 02:08 AM   #1
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Drove the M4 today @ BMW Seattle

I was able to get some great seat time in the new M4 today.

BMW Seattle got a couple of new M3 & M4 in and I drove the Mineral Grey M4. I got to drive it for about 45 minutes though the back roads of Mercer Island. Wow, what a treat!

I think BMW did a great job with it. The sound is not disappointing at all. Love the turbo vacuum spool down noise it makes as you come to a stop. Blasted though the I-90 tunnel on the way back and the sound is AMAZING from 3500 RPM. The power band has way more torque compared to the E90/92 M3 and the response is terrific.

Also loved the new fixed back seats. Was worried it wouldn't have enough adjustments, especially coming from my current F10 M5 that has a tons of adjustability, but they fit me just right. Lots of lumbar and thigh support.

Originally I ordered a Mineral White 6 speed manual M3 with all options but the carbon brakes pushed the build date into September. I was hoping I could buy this car MG M4 today but unfortunately it isn't for sale and will be a demo until they get more cars in. After driving the car today, I realized 3 things: 1) I want the M4; 2) I want the DCT transmission; 3) the standard steel brakes are excellent. I tracked my E92 M3 and those brakes were not so great. But the M4 steel brakes have great feel and are getting closer to that hard, stiff Porsche feel in the pedal.

If you're in the market for a new F80/F82, I highly recommend you go check out the new F80/F82s at BMW Seattle. Go see my buddy Karl Enmark, I've been buying all my BMWs from him and he's a true M enthusiast.

-Chris

Appreciate 0