12-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Really strange because, as I've said elsewhere on the forum, I've now been able to download something like 4 updates, but none arrived via the car's built in SIM card. Maybe that's because the 'system' knows I have downloaded updates via my computer and then install from USB, which obviously avoids network overload. My Connected Drive account with BMW shows I can update via 'Over the Air' or via USB until sometime mid 2021, shortly after the X1s third birthday. I wonder, CliveL, what expiry date for being able to get updates is showing on your Connected Drive account? Anyway, hope you can soon get the latest update, which still doesn't show a much revised roads layout approaching M1 Jct24 near Nottingham, where it still thinks I'm driving through fields!
I'm eligible for USB map updates until the 30th of July 2019, which is the 3rd anniversary of my car being built/registered. I don't think I can get the updates over the air, only via USB. I've had a couple in the past, maybe two in 2017, but only the one so far at the start of 2018 so the data is a year old now... I've used the BMW Download Manager each time, both on PC and Mac, and all I still get offered for my 2016 X1 after logging in is the "2018-1" version. I don't know if the satnav hardware or software changed significantly in the last couple of years that might mean it uses a different mapping software package, or even provider, but there certainly seems to be some variance in who gets what...
Appreciate 0