View Single Post
      01-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #27
shangguan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg1960 View Post
I just changed the cabin air filter today on my 2018 X1. Wow— what a ridiculous joke of engineering. My daughters Mazda— open the glove box, open a small door in the back of the glovebox, snap open a cover behind that, pull out the filter, push in a new one, snap the cover back, close the glove box. 2 minutes if you are slow. BMW— spend an hour searching through YouTube videos to figure out where the filter even is, most of which say it’s under the hood; which it’s not (maybe in an earlier model). Finally figure out its under the dash, get out a bunch of tools, remove a ton of crap, finally find it in an inaccessible place, unless you’re a gymnast, behind a door that doesn’t open all the way. Fight getting the 2 of them out, new ones back in, start screwing all the freaking trim back. 2 fingers on my right hand are bandaged, I have scrapes on my elbow, and the neighbors kids probably went home with some good stories about what the crazy old man down the street was yelling. My wife’s 2017 330i— not as bad but still not great. No wonder the Germans lost the war.
Appreciate 0