View Single Post
      12-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #22
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoart View Post
I would think their would be parts on the ground from the other car or whatever, or paint marks on your car. Did you happen to park next to a trash dumpster?
It's possible someone vandalized it? shopping cart?
Not a single part, just paint from my car on the ground. Which is why I don't think it was a typical side swipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Is there any paint transfer?
Zero. Which is why I'm thinking it must be something like a hitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
Any security cameras on site ?
Zilch. I even checked near-bye cars to see if they had dash-cams. No luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2una View Post
I don't do gym so this might be totally left field but isn't there way to maybe track down some people that went in during the hour you were inside & maybe one of them saw something?
It's a busy public street, odds are the person wasn't coming from the gym but good thinking otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Any DNA?
Have any solid DNA guys you can recommend?

I still would love to know what exactly caused it (hitch?) but at the end of the day, it is what it is. I'm not going to spend any more time on it other than getting it repaired. The point was never to track down the individual but to share a moment of frustration that car guys (and all around decent human beings) understand best and also a sad reminder that there are some straight up garbage humans out there that do stuff like this to other folks without caring.