01-16-2021, 02:22 PM   #2370
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I am not physically capable of doing any of the work myself any more, but I can certainly manage a project and tell right away if a GC is yanking my chain.

My last hurrah was DIY installing central AC in our current house two years ago. I did the system sizing, engineered/balanced the duct system, and even went and obtained the EPA licenses to handle the refrigerant. The system works great, and was a blessing last summer with both of us WFH due to COVID. Not bad for someone who only lived in houses with baseboard hot water heat, and never touched forced air heat or ducts in his life.

If you look outside of the cities/towns/HOA communities out into the rural unincorporated parts of most counties in the Carolinas, the building codes are way more reasonable. The biggest problem is finding high-speed wired Internet, which makes you appreciate the first world.....
Unfortunately I would have no idea wtf they are doing, plus seeing as we live in FL I would probably not be there that often. Did I mention I have no idea what I'm doing? Yeah... that's why I keep looking for something that's already built that suites our needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
I have to go to my smoke shop and buy a box of cigars today.
You don't have your own personal cigar roller??? WOW! Maybe start a gofund me or something.
Appreciate 1
DocL1937.50