nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
FYI, the M2 does not autobrake in the manner that many assume it does. All it will do is a audible alert and a brake tap to set the pads against the rotor. If your on the gas pedal you won't even feel it. I know this because on Thanksgiving night my car had a false alert and did the autobrake function while I was accelerating through a intersection with no cars, at night. Btw brought the car in and they did a recalibration and it hasn't happened again.

I leave mine on for track days most of the time because it doesn't do anything but the audible alert, in fact at the BMW Performance Driving School where you do high speed lead and follow very close they leave the systems on did about 14 hours of lead follow between two day M School and Advanced M and it barks at you all the time but not once did it brake in any way. There are many cars that have auto braking and most clubs rather than trying to differentiate between the systems just make it a point to have you turn them off.

It definitely does both in the(18LCI).

The beep + light tap to notify you if you are already at speeds following someone or driving through parking lots.

It also will do a very hard brake if you are accelerating and someone suddenly starts coming to a quick stop.

There are different factors at play, but it definitely can to the hard brake lol
Agreed. Mine has also braked hard when an older Porsche in front of me braked hard but it's brake lights were broken so I didn't notice right away.
Appreciate 0