View Single Post
      04-06-2023, 09:33 PM   #7
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

BMW batteries were rebranded Exide back in the day (my e60) and I've heard/seen other brands named. I actually scraped some stickers etc on my old battery once and did see an exide "brand" in the plastic molding.

So yeah, go ahead and get an exact replicate AGM battery. There are some X2's that did come with the regular battery. Sorry I can't help you out in deciphering other than googling part numbers which lead me to a ton of UK sites that show compatible batteries.

I would also personally code the new battery if possible.. but in any short time it's no big deal. Will your battery last as long? Probably not, as the "reprogramming" does tell it that it's a new battery and to change the charge cycles etc. I'm told that if you don't program it, then your battery life is probably going to be cut short at around 3 years.. I did do it on my e60 and it lasted maybe 4 but was still starting to fail so I had to do it again. IF you have the means I would buy the dongle and get some software. I certainly would not get hosed at the dealer which routinely charges $500-$600 for the install and programming. Ie upwards of $200++ just for that labor and programming.. eesh!
Appreciate 0