Rep
Drives: '12 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastActionJax View Post
Yeah I've learned myself that the best way to put it is if you're vehicle is out of warranty you're no longer a valued BMW customer at the dealership. They are crooks!

The company I work for owns a Bmw dealership in South Florida, so as a courtesy my employer will let me buy shippable Bmw parts at cost +10%, now it's not really saving as much as you think because theirs a small margin on Bmw parts but it's something yunno? The dealership here will NOT put them on because I didn't buy it from them although their OEM parts I get FROM a dealership, just not theirs. Total crooks!
Then you are not getting them at true cost +10%.

Considering there are many sites that have 25% to 30% everyday (and clearly they are selling for more than cost +10%).

Seems you are unaware of all the funny money in the Auto business with kickbacks and the like.

But whatever. Interesting they are not even honest with employees.

I know people buying parts at 50% off all the time. They've saved me a ton.

That is unless you think a 100% markup isn't that much.
I work in parts in a dealership my friend. And most small "shippable" parts do have small margins. And the margin on most parts are different ranging from 10-35%, parts are almost never even at 50% markup unless you are getting ripped off by your dealership, which would be selling over recommended retail price which most dealers do anyway. So.... For instance I just bought a Bmw clutch master cylinder for 90 bucks, retail is 113 bucks. Cost was around 81 bucks. Online retailers can sell cheaper cause they bypass wholesale fees
BootMod3 stage 2 93 octane AGG| K&N Drop In| Turner Motorsports Intercooler| BMS Catchcan| FTP Chargepipe & TIC| MST Turbo Intake Pipe| CW Catless Downpipe| BAV Coils| KW DDC Coilovers| Active Autowerke Exhaust| CF Mirrors| CF Spoiler| Rohana RFX11| Black Painted Roof| @instagram.com/fastactionjax/
@youtube.com/fastactionjax/
Appreciate 0