View Single Post
      08-30-2020, 11:44 AM   #31
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavatski View Post
I think you're looking for something that isn't there. I replaced all the halogen bulbs with LEDs, so I've had a good look at the taillights as well. The only LED element in the pre-LCI taillight is the light tube, and then you've got the four halogen bulbs per side that you already know about. The rear fog lights do double duty as the brake force display lights (in North America, they come on solid instead of flashing).
Yep, you're right. I read up on the documentation. It's strange that my car was factory coded as "LED" for the brake force lights when it's clearly halogen. I did some testing with my wife driving to get the brake force bulbs to light up. In the end, decided to run LED for regular brake lights but halogen for brake force. The slight delay for the brake force halogens to light up fully draws additional attention compared to running full LED. Almost as if the brake lights are lit two times in succession instead of one. I guess the reverse of how it worked on my Z4 where regular brakes are halogen but brake force were factory LED.
Appreciate 0