08-30-2020, 11:14 AM   #30
kavatski
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 30iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
No I mean physically on the car. The outer tail lights house the turn signal at the top and brake bulb at the bottom. The inner tail lights house the reverse bulb and a rear fog light bulb. All these are halogen. There is also the parking light which is the LED light tube.

But where is the factory brake force display LED bulb? I'm talking about the factory function where a second LED bulb engages along with the regular halogen brake light bulb under hard deceleration that BMW has had on their cars for the past 20 years. Not the flashing lights that can be coded.

When I check the factory coding it says my brake force display is LED. But I don't know where it is in the tail light housing.
I think you're looking for something that isn't there. I replaced all the halogen bulbs with LEDs, so I've had a good look at the taillights as well. The only LED element in the pre-LCI taillight is the light tube, and then you've got the four halogen bulbs per side that you already know about. The rear fog lights do double duty as the brake force display lights (in North America, they come on solid instead of flashing).
Appreciate 0