View Single Post
      06-20-2020, 03:30 PM   #13
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

I'm still on the factory fit Bridgestone Turanza T0001 Non-RunFlat on 225/50x18, 99W tyres. The road noise on certain, rougher/concrete type surfaces is utterly dreadful, so won't be buying those when they are due for replacement in a few months time. That's despite the road handling quality and wear being OK.
I have a separate set of BMW winter wheels that I fit from late October to March, 205/60x17 fitted with Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 and the ride quality/road noise is infinitely better, whilst the handling is still good although admittedly not quite as good as the Turanzas.
I'm looking at fitting Michelin Primacy 4, summer tyre next time because the EU the label shows 'A' for rain use, 'B', fuel consumption and 68db road noise (appreciating that is road noise heard externally, but not necessarily transmitted to car interior, as is the case with all EU market tyres). It seems the new summer, Turanza T0005 EU tyres may be much quieter, so that is an option to stay with Bridgestones.
Still a little while to go as the summer tyres still have around 4-5mm tread left on all wheels.
Appreciate 0