07-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #15
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
All great info as I've been looking into this as well.

Quick dumb question - do all of these come with an "off switch" so that when my V1 goes off that I'm being hit with laser and my laser jammer is blocking that I can quickly slow down and turn it off so if he hits me again it shows my true and safe speed? I know they aren't legal in CA and so would rather them get an actual reading, just after I slow down enough and turn it off.
That's not a dumb question at all. The answer is yes, they all do have an off switch which you should use once you've verified your speed during an alert. The HP 905 has a rotary switch where you can turn off jamming but keep alerts on. This is absolutely what you should be doing. Use those switches. We call this JTK (jam to kill) versus JTG (jam to gun) where you just leave it on giving the LEO a clue to the existence of your lidar shifter.

The AL and LI also have a setting where they will automatically turn off after about 3 or 4 seconds of jamming then reset themselves after about 30 seconds. Don't quote me on the actual numbers on this -- they are all slightly different.

Cheers.