04-22-2019, 04:38 AM   #17
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by basmusicman View Post
I have just ordered a new f48 xline with everything as standard and the dealer has told me that I will be able to get acp via subscription from bmw as I say is it a stock car with the 6.5 screen I am collecting the car this Thursday so will update once I have the car
Unless you have ordered and paid for 6CP (Apple CarPlay ready) as a factory option then you will NOT be able to get Apple CarPlay (unless BMW U.K have suddenly made it a standard option which was not the case a few weeks ago!).

I would get confirmation in writing, dealers are regularly full of BS when it comes to this feature. You will find, like thousand of other F48 owners, that the BMW “connected drive” store will tell you a subscription is not available for your vehicle. If you want Apple CarPlay, which BMW have now made an OTA (over the air) subscription service, you have to have an F48 which is “car play ready/enabled” , this will ensure you have the WLAN function which is used in conjunction with Bluetooth to provide the service.

Your dealer is right on one thing, previously you could only order CarPlay in conjunction with bigger 8.8” screen, that changed for 2019 model year. Having a stock F48 X-line with 6.5” screen will however not give you acp unless you have build option 6CP.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-25-2019 at 02:23 AM..
Appreciate 0