View Single Post
      04-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #12
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Update - Looks like 2019 model X1 & X2 can only get BMW OTA (over the air) CarPlay subscription if they have factory build option 6CP (Apple CarPlay preparation). It also appears that CarPlay in some markets can be ordered with 6UN (Nav) rather than 6UP (Nav plus). I need to double check if this actually means you can order CarPlay with the smaller 6.5” screen, perhaps someone will confirm. Also in some markets CarPlay preparation is bundled into an entertainment package as well as a stand-alone option. In US, I have been told that CarPlay is included as std option for 2019 but please check for yourself if ordering.

is unclear if “fully loaded” cars with build dates from approx July 2017 to July 2018 can still order An OTA subscription. BMW changed from a lifetime to subscription model at around the same time it updated the HU from Entrynav to Entrynav2 .

We can only continue hoping BMW will release a retrofit kit as in many cases and markets the only hardware actually needed is a Wi-fi aerial! I am sure someone at BMW will spot the profit opportunity, eventually

Maybe we have a few influential forum members can point this out to colleagues in München.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-10-2019 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0