View Single Post
      09-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

The Vgate iCar Wi-Fi OBD adapter arrived in today's mail and I put it to work almost instantly...almost. So far the most difficult part has been paying to unlock (enable) the applications coding feature with Android Pay since that particular program hadn't been installed/enabled on my smartphone previously. After establishing a Wi-Fi connection between my phone and the adapter, then turning the cars ignition on (no need to start the engine), I launched the BimmerCode app. The BimmerCode app took less than a minute to perform a scan to catalogue the electronic control units present in my car.

It found seven: Front Electronic Module/Car Access System, Instrument Cluster, Headunit, Air Conditioning, Roof Function Center, Power Tailgate Module and lastly, Advanced Crash Safety Module.

I didn't get too crazy with changes this first time and only had two disappointments with changes that I wanted to make. I successfully coded the "Fold Mirrors When Locking With Comfort Access', 'Switch LED On Doors When In Reverse' and set the 'Legal Disclaimers' to 'Not Active". Two items that I was unsuccessful in changing were setting the turn signals to flash 5 times instead of 3 and to disable the closing of the rear hatch via the "kick method". A feature that I expected to see but didn't find was the Expert mode for this app. Possibly that option is available only on the IOS version.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 09-27-2017 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0