View Single Post
      03-09-2023, 07:22 AM   #21
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
They're either repurposed for other uses or they're junked by taking them to the local waste processing center. These facilities here have an area where I can drop off unwanted electronics for them to recycle/dispose of properly.

Per the above, if I upgrade a TV, the previous TV gets moved to another room which would also be an upgrade over the TV there. I don't upgrade TVs often. For my big screens, I usually buy pretty much the best TV at the time and sit on it for years. It took severe burn in with my now junked Pioneer 1010HD for me to decide to upgrade. I moved the Pioneer 141FD that is in my A/V room to the family room where the 1010HD was. Then purchased the Sony A90J to go in the A/V room.
This. We have a smaller (32") old sony tv that is just in a closet somewhere, but all other tvs are repurposed. The very first flat screen (LCD) I bought is a 47" monster that has been going strong since 2007 and is now in the garage, still going strong. PQ sucks by today's standards but I'm just lifting weights or working on cars in there, so it's fine.

Back to the OP, i've been happy with my LG OLED and it's right around $1500 if you wait for the sale price that comes around numerous times a year. Though I haven't used the smart features at all so can't comment on those.
Appreciate 0