View Single Post
      09-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #17
qspring
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klässen iD Wheels
anything with a longer focal range wont give you what you need for rollers for the most part. I've seen people use like 70-200 for rollers, but its just harder to keep it steady. My ideal set up (being a canon user) is a 24-70 (pretty expensive lens) 70-200 (for those depth of field shots) and a prime lens 35,50,85 etc. Prime lenses are nice because they are typically sharper and have a wide aperture which helps for low light and such. It really comes down to your budget.. For just starting off, I would just look for a nice mid range lens. Maybe like a 35mm Prime lens and then maybe like a 24-85? Either that or just bite the bullet and pull the trigger on a 24-70. Just my .02.. Not very familiar with Nikon
I'm a Canon guy too. Not sure if Nikon has the equivalent of the 24-105L With image stability, but that's something I would recommend. It's a good lens with nice focal range. Not as sharp as a prime or 24-70, but a great lens if that's all you're going to carry or start. I love prime lenses, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

OP: There are a lot of places that rent lenses out for $25 a day. Try them all out and see what fits your shooting style.