bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
#2 - you missed the point - Canadians get meds and devices at cost, because the US pays for their development.

#5 - no one in the US is denied life-saving treatment based upon ability to pay. The 30M that can't afford insurance are covered by Medicaid and other government programs. The only ones who aren't are illegal immigrants- and they get free healthcare at emergency rooms and some clinics.

#6 - the lobbyists in the US directly benefit Canadians as well.

#7 - your drugs are cheaper because the cost to develop them is padded into the US drug prices. By Canadian law, drug prices are limited to the cost of manufacturing, plus a small, regulated profit margin.

You really don't get this....
As i said before, you are not the centre of the world. Drugs don't just get researched and manufactured only in the US. Medical advancements don't just happen in the US. Again get over yourself.

Leave us alone with our crappy universal healthcare will you. Enjoy your excellent healthcare system.

I don't get this perhaps because I'm not as smart as you....
The vast majority of drugs and medical devices are paid for in the US, as there's no limits on what a company can charge. There are limits everywhere else in the world - not sure why you keep denying that?

And most clinical trials are also conducted in the US, as we have the medical infrastructure for it.